Cinco de Mayo Recipe: Mexican Shredded Pork a La Caja China!
- 1 (30 pound) whole pig
- 5 tablespoon salt
- 12 (4 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers
- 15 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup chipotle sauce
- Place the whole pig (butterflied) in your china box cooker, and season with salt.
- Allow pork to cook for 2 hours.
- When adding fresh charcoal after second hour, place chile peppers and garlic on top of roast. Pour in the chipotle sauce and 1 1/2 cup water.
- Replace lid with fresh charcoal, and cook approximately one hour.
- Flip pig to crisp skin for approximately 45 minutes. If not crisp, replace lid and continue to cook, checking every 10-15 minutes.
- Once completely cooked, remove the pig and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Served traditionally with white rice.
Shop Latin Touch has the best La Caja China roasters, pig roasting boxes and cajun microwaves for Spanish, Cuban, Cajun, and good old American style cooking. We also have La Caja China replacement parts & accessories, heavy duty vinyl covers, digital meat thermometers, domino tables, gazebos, and more.
Words used by visitors that found this page online:
Caja, China, Grills, Roasting, Box, Pig, Cuban, Spanish, Steaks, Braise, Chickens, Meat, Hog, Swine, Ribs, Shoulder, Beef, Fish, Vegetables, Rotisserie, 70lb, 100lb, Microwave, Asadora, Electric, Charcoal, Aluminum, Cooker